Daily Mail Sport USA · @dailymailsportusa

Posted 1 week ago
178.54K followers
299K views
25.8K likes
387 comments
411 shares

The Indiana football team visited President Donald Trump at the White House to celebrate their National Championship victory back in January. But Heisman winner and the first overall pick in the 2026 NFL Draft Fernando Mendoza skipped the event citing 'practice.' The Indiana superstar claimed last week that the May 11 ceremony conflicts with the start OTAs. 'If it is the first day of OTAs, like I said, I'm the bottom of the totem pole here,' Mendoza told reporters during a press conference on Saturday afternoon. 'As a rookie, I don't think that's a good look,' Mendoza added. 'I want to try to best serve my teammates and I don't know if that would be doing that.' #indiana #donaldtrump #fernandomendoza #raiders #nfl